Top 10 Reasons Why Being A Lifeguard Is Britain’s Best Summer Job
1. Your office is a beach
Need we say any more.
2. You’ll be following in famous footsteps
Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson & Clint Eastwood were all lifeguards before they made the big time
3. Red shorts are the new black
Spotted on catwalks in Milan, Paris and New York
4. You’ll make the best of friends
5. The Tan
Working on a beach all day in the sun (weather not guaranteed) you’re likely to develop a lovely healthy glow.
Don’t worry if tanning isn’t your thing – we recommend applying sun cream, which is always available in the lifeguard hut.
6. You’ll meet new people everyday
7. It’s a great way to stay fit
Being in the water and running along the sand is a great way to keep in shape
8. Catch some surf after work
What a perfect way to unwind – grab your board and hit the waves. Or maybe go for a relaxing swim.
9. Gain experience that will help you travel the world
View this embed ›
Lot’s of the RNLI’s lifeguards head Down Under during off-season and lifeguard on the beaches of the Gold Coast.
10. You could save someone’s life
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QMQ3A8G8mXQ.
This is video footage from Summer 2014, when Crooklet’s lifeguard Joby rescued a young boy who was heard screaming for help.
The RNLI, the charity who save lives at sea, are looking for lifeguards to keep our beaches safe in Summer 2015.
If you’re aged 16 years or older and have a valid surf lifesaving qualification, what are you waiting for? Apply now.
Being a lifeguard
Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iZ16jr0MZTc.
- Previous The TV Pilot With Eerie Similarities To The Bryan Singer Sexual Abuse Case
- Next Bleachers' Jack Antonoff Refuses To Be Apologetic About His Music